IMI is the professional association for individuals working in the retail motor industry and the authoritative voice of the sector.
IMI is transforming the automotive industry by setting, upholding and promoting professional standards – driving skills acquisition, establishing clearer career paths, and boosting public confidence.
Established in 1920, the IMI filled a specific need for individuals desiring recognition for their accomplishments, and the recognition they received led to a steady growth in membership. Those needs still exist today therefore membership and professional recognition remains at the core of our existence.
Did you know there are over 150 job roles in the Retail Automotive sector, ranging from technical to non-technical roles, marketing, finance, customer service and sales? IMI Autocity will help you to choose the best role for you with information on all the jobs available, and help you plan your progression within the industry. Join us in this exciting, diverse and fast-paced sector and find your #MotorCareers today!
For students – http://www.autocity.org.uk/
- Explore the job options for you
- Hear from apprentices talking about their jobs and how they got into them
- Search for apprenticeship vacancies
- Attend an event to see how the industry works
- Enter one of our amazing competitions
See yourself inside #MotorCareers with our VR 360° films! https://youtu.be/aZxXpT-iTus
Inspiring and supporting your learners to make well informed decisions about their future and assisting you to embed Careers Education,
- Information Advice and Guidance into your school FREE of Charge. Download our free Key Stage 3 & 4 curriculum linked resources, all with an automotive theme, to inspire and educate your learners on the opportunities within this exciting and diverse industry
- Use the competitions to engage your pupils with design and project management, and to encourage creativity and team work skills
- Maximise your work experience placements with our organisers, pupils and employer guide
- Ensure your pupils are work ready with our Employability Skills Toolkit, which is broken down into six modules.
For parents – http://www.autocity.org.uk/index.php/parents/
- At the end of Year 11, upon receiving their GCSE results, your child will have the option to study for A-Levels in a Sixth Form or college, enrol on a full-time college course or undertake an apprenticeship – whichever route they choose, it can lead to a successful and rewarding career in the Retail Automotive Industry
- We have a free Guide for Parents to help you navigate these choices and make an informed decision
For more information please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org