IMI is the professional association for individuals working in the retail motor industry and the authoritative voice of the sector.
IMI is transforming the automotive industry by setting, upholding and promoting professional standards – driving skills acquisition, establishing clearer career paths, and boosting public confidence.
Established in 1920, the IMI filled a specific need for individuals desiring recognition for their accomplishments, and the recognition they received led to a steady growth in membership. Those needs still exist today therefore membership and professional recognition remains at the core of our existence.
Did you know there are over 150 jobs in the Retail Automotive sector in technical to non-technical roles, marketing, finance, office and sales? IMI Autocity will help you to choose which one is the best fit for you with our handy ‘Find my Dream Job’ quiz, information on all the job roles available and plan your progression within the industry with our interactive ‘Career Pathway Maps’. Join us in this exciting, diverse and fast paced sector and find your #MotorCareers today!
- Information and videos on 150 job roles in the sector
- Find my dream Job quiz
- Career Pathway Maps
- Training needs review tool
- 13-16 online community for additional advice
- Apprenticeship information and vacancies
- Information and advice on finding and keeping a job
- Home of the IMI Skill Auto competitions
For teachers and careers advisors
We can support you to embed Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance into your school in accordance to the Gatsby Standard of Careers Education and Ofstead in supporting within the Personal, Behavioural, Development and Welfare section.
Register and log in for FREE teaching resources and lesson plans including:
- 12x national curriculum linked lesson plans in Literacy, Maths, ICT and Business Studies with teaching and student packs
- 3x nationwide competitions in Business Studies, Literacy and Art & Design Technology
- 6x module Employability Skills Toolkits for student and teachers
- Work Experience Toolkits for organiser, employer and student
- Additional lesson plans and teaching resources
- Case studies on careers
- Career Labour Market Information by region
- Careers events and the latest industry news
Spotlight on competitions
Our competitions are now open until 31st May!
- Could you design, brand and launch a new vehicle onto the market for a target audience with Sytner Careers?
- Could you write a 500 word article for a magazine on jobs in the automotive industry with the Volkswagen Apprenticeship Programme?
- Could you design a custom paint design for a specific market with Babcock Automotive?
For more information please email email@example.com