Entrepreneurship as a career choice – Top 10 Tips
Top Ten Tips
- You can choose to be an entrepreneur and start a business.
- Think about things that you need or things that need improving – would anyone else need this item or service too?
- What skills do you have that other people would pay you for? Art? IT skills? Design? Cookery?
- Who could help you to research the idea – friends, family, internet etc?
- Talk to teachers or lecturers in business, DT, science, ICT – could they help you design a prototype? (working model).
- Get the feedback, improve the product or service, test and improve it.
- Do the sums add up, 1? How much would your idea / product / service cost to make? Who will help with start-up costs?
- Do the sums add up, 2? What sort of profit margin do you want to make? (without a profit your business will go nowhere)
- How will you show people what you can do? Marketing – posters, word of mouth, social-media pages are all important ways to get the news out.
- START! Launch your own career in National Careers Week.